Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Grammar, Konpeito, and Friendship

I have to give a presentation on Monday morning 3 hours away, and the person organizing the seminar e-mailed me with her cell phone number, indicating that I should call her if I "get losted." No, if I ever get losted, I'm turning myself in to the grammar police.

Looks like I'm going to be around this weekend; not going to Natty & Pepper's place till next weekend, since I won't have so many things to do, and there's going to conveniently be a Strawberry Festival of some kind at a local park that I'm excited about! Strawberries! We has them! There's a party tonight, and then all sorts of possibilities for the weekend, and then one of the dance team girls is going to crash at my place till Wednesday between an old lease and a new one. I'm sure my insane schedule is going to drive her bonkers.

You'll never ever in the world guess what I'm eating right now (unless you've got glorious, unruly red hair and you're an awesome dancer), so I'm going to go ahead and spill the beans. Or the tamarinds, rather - crystallized, spicy ones! They were a present from RH last night at the social dance, which was loads fun with extra balloons and cake, despite my preemptive sushi OD (jive had me feeling kind of queasy). The digital picture frame on my desk at work is now adorned with a tiny ceramic manekineko, also a gift from the lovely RH. I went to the Manekineko Museum in Seto City, Japan - one of the randomest and eclectic outings I've ever experienced in my life, but I had Midori by my side and a massive sack of konpeito in my shopping bag - I would have followed her to the ends of the earth, happily eating them. Whenever I look at the little manekineko, I think of friends and good times. Goes well with the pictures, too. <3

Whenever my co-workers refer to my predecessor, I get an odd pang of jealousy, sort of like when your significant other mentions his/her ex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where the hell does an American female in her mid-20s with an advanced degree, an exercise addiction, and an obscenely fuzzy cat that writes primarily to make you laugh get tamarinds?

Shinseiko said...

.... from RH! didn't I say that?