Very solidly happy today, despite the cats playing hide-and-seek noisily from about 2 - 4 AM. I'm sure the Downstairsers are ready to shoot something. You'd be amazed how loud 16 lbs. of combined kittyweight can be, galloping around on the hardwoods.
Friday (my day off!), I slept in and then worked out so hard that I came home and crashed for three hours. I was exhausted! I roused myself for a tango lesson with pro coach and then practice with a friend in the aerobics studio. Pro coaches + most of my dance team (and one from another team) went out for burritos and silliness afterwards, and stayed out till about 11 PM. I watched D play Anarchy Online until I crashed again.
I was especially energetic and productive on Saturday morning, so I went grocery shopping and bought all sorts of goodies and then ate scrambled eggs before meeting RH in the studio. I practiced cha and tango solo for about a half hour, and then we did samba technique (reverse basic, whisk, voltas) for 1.5 hours. I was all samba-ed out, and my poor feets were bleeding. I had some delicious almonds and ran some errands (replaced a lamp shade crushed by kitty antics), and then almost exactly as some severe thunderstorms rolled through, I got a migraine, and had to sleep through it (about 4 hours). After waking up and finally deciding that I wanted to go to the USA Dance, I rushed to get ready for it, and we were fashionably late to the point of not being charged to get in. I still managed to exhaust myself anyways, dancing almost constantly for the remaining 1.5 hours. I didn't get to say goodnight to all of my friends after being whisked away to return movies to Blockbuster before they were overdue, and I was a little bit grumpy about it. Went out at around 12 AM to finally procure some dinner!
Slept in Sunday, showered, brushed the kitties, then headed out to my parents' place, where they were celebrating the joyous arrival of their 4th child - a custom made leather couch! Mama made me soak my blistered feet with epsom salt and lavender... And then I did voltas for another hour, back and forth across the kitchen. We cooked together with Lovely, steaks and veggies, and then I went back to my place early to unwind. And that was that!
Today: Work, then coffee and dinner, and then practice in the studio from 6:30 - 9 PM.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment