Dream.
I remember at least part of this dream. Americans were suddenly all required to report to the Chambers of Identity in order to be subject to a rigorous identity profiling. It was kind of like getting called to jury duty. So, I went to the CI, which was kind of like a library, with all sorts of smarmy government employees traipsing about. There were other people waiting.
So, I filled out a survey about myself and turned it in to my CI caseworker, a really unctious but clever young guy with brown hair and a smirk. I couldn't decide if I liked him or not. He interviewed me and I got really snappish with him - he managed to put a monetary value on my habit of never watching TV, which kind of annoyed me (and I think the way he did it was pretty hilarious, but I can't remember!)... And he annoyingly sketched out all of my weird traits and tendencies and monetized them too. He totalled up my self-worth and was surprised to discover that it was a pretty high figure.
He looked at me oddly and said that I was required to receive my Identity as discovered by the screening, but not in the usual abbreviated way. He punched my numbers into a computer, which took about half an hour (how did I know this?! it was a dream! I knew!), and burned me a CD containing my Identity. He bid me good day, completely soberly.
I got back into my car and stuck it into the CD player. I sat without turning the car on, in the silence. At first nothing, and then... Ohmigod. It was a song. The most wonderful song I've ever heard and if only I could remember it...
2 years ago
4 comments:
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! To all to whom these presents shall come
Greeting
Be it known that in a universe far, far away, one where even an ermine may become a cloud, a superhero of seismic proportion bequeaths upon thee all of his rights and privileges adorn to hiseth name by way of AWU points, for thine princess’ supernatural display and mastery of periphrasis, as exhibited by the usage of UNCtuous has gone unmatched – but NEVER to be unanswered!
Batman
leave it to the Dark Knight to simultaneously call attention to the fact as well as tautologically demonstrate how apt it is that unctious begins with UNC.
Unctious and unctuous both, in fact, may begin with UNC, as do many other words, some of which bear not repeating here.
both spellings are correct, yes.
you are both UNCOUTH
Post a Comment