Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fire ze missiles! But I am le tired...

Grump. GRUMP! I am so tired today. I went to bed last night at 10 PM after talking to D for almost an hour - he told me, in meticulous detail, about every item of food he consumed while at SCR last weekend and listed the merits and demerits of each in order of importance. He even talked about everybody else's food. No, nothing about his routines, his dancing - it was all about the food, which sounded disappointing anyways. He'd finish talking about this jambalaya or that side dish or how much this and that person ate of which food, and then there'd be a silence... Slumped at my kitchen table with my cell phone embedded in my cheek, I'd be opening my mouth to say, "SLEEP REQUIRED NOW," but he'd suddenly pipe up again, "...and THEN we had alligator, which I swear could have been chicken - I didn't bite down in the middle of it to inspect it closely, but I did notice that it did have a greenish tint..."

So I listened, and a far corner of my brain was giggling uncontrollably, but I was not Engaging Company by any stretch of the imagination.

I shouldn't complain, I know I can be annoyingly chatty at times, and I was most certainly obnoxious at the chachacha technique lesson last night (open novice national champ was teaching, and not too well, I have to admit - but then again, I'm GRUMPY and my opinions don't count as much when I'm grumpy). I even made an announcement to the group: Beware, I am feeling obnoxious tonight. But today... I can barely muster enough energy to walk 50 feet, especially after a torture session on the recumbent bike.

Well, it looks like D and Louramy have A Partnership. An official one. Sigh. She's young, talented, lovely, and they are already winners; looks like they'll continue to spend hours in close physical contact. Sigh. SIGH SIGH SIGH SOMEBODY COME OVER HERE AND STOP ME NOW. D was hired last week as an ballroom instructor at a local studio and will be paid an exorbitant amount of money to teach a certain syllabus of American dance, which he claims is a "bastardization" of his own beloved international technique. Unfortunately, I've inherited this attitude about the American syllabus - it isn't nearly as challenging, but I've certainly had fun competing in it. I probably know more American rumba than he does.

Ohhh, I'm feeling better. I'm just tired, is all, and I have to work, and sleep isn't imminent.

ADDENDUM: There once was an ermine who dreamed of being a cloud. Luckily, in this ermine's universe, such a thing was possible, but it would take hard work and dedication. A certain famous cloud was known to make terrific lightning bolts when she worked together with other clouds. This ermine wanted to become such a cloud, and so he would. That is all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is pretty damned depressing. Ah, then let's live'n her up a bit I then therefore herein now dost shall so say.

“I didn't bite down in the middle of it to inspect it closely, but I did notice that it did have a greenish tint” That’s funny…but in a WTF sort of way. Might even say “Dear God”…

(who, btw, is totally responsible for all of my optimistic ideals and biz schemes. Let’s just say, He sides with the Dark Knight.)

Any rate – does Dennis not read your blog!? Just kind of wondering...cuz if he does, this isn't being indirect...for which I'm proud of you! If he doesn't...well, um...that totally sucks man. S-o-r-r-y. The dude's missing out.

But if in the off chance he does, I’m kinda wondering what would be considered an “exorbitant” amount of money in the ballroom dance world. Much obliged.

Regardless, or irregardless as some would say, I don’t think you gotta worry ‘bout Louramy. Name goes to suggest exotic now, but in 30 years…let’s just say there will be no close physical contact.

SO CHEER UP!

Batman

Shinseiko said...

this post isn't depressing at all!

and Dennis can read it if he chooses!

and who says I'm worried?

and who says I need to be taken seriously?

AND WHO SAYS I'M NOT CHEERY!?

Anonymous said...

I SAYS SO, SO SAYS I.

Normally, when one starts off a post with “Grump. GRUMP!” continues to sigh 5 times, speaks of having to grudge through work b/c she’s tired…well, by very definition isn’t cheery. Sorry. Maybe cherry, but chu ain’t cheery…not even a modicum (200 awu points, please) of cheerfulness is to be found in what must be your otherwise turgid (another 200 points, thx.) prose.

Alas, I’m calling you out!

And you are to be taken seriously…your claim to fame absent such things is nothing more than merely playing defense. Not to mention you gotta be funny not to be taken serious...and I'm not seeing no funny bunny. Also, you’re too much of a sagacious (where be my points?) writer not to be serious, seriously.

You’re worried. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have mentioned it…not to point out once more those gosh darn sighs, too.

Dennis…question was, “does he read it” not whether or not if he can read it. So, to have it your way, does he choose to read it?

Where’s my Zoloft?

Batman Returns

Shinseiko said...

AWU duly awarded, but!

don't take me so seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY. I certainly don't take myself that seriously, and I certainly don't claim fame. I mean sheesh! counting my typed-out sighs! the nerve of some superheroes! and... perhaps my choosing to mention various things over others insinuates something about their significance... or, perhaps not. hee!

re Dennis reading, I know not, hence the diaphaneity (200 AWU!).

...and who art the turgid one, wonders I?

Anonymous said...

Ya know...that poet lady person...what’s her name...ah yes, Emily Dickinson – she’s said to be one that you can NEVER pin down in her writings. I’m starting to get the same feeling with you...sugar-loo. You’ve changed the game, but gave rise to a very interesting conclusion...I'm thinking e-mail! (even my turgid writing has its limits in the public domain.)

At any rate, what the hell does diaphaneity mean? Sounds like a recycled diaper. Besides its smell, it looks funky too, so I’m not turning to Webster. AWU points declined on the account of excessive foulness.

Batman

Metricula said...

I understand! I think doing ballroom dance would be fun, but Phil said he wasn't interested in it.

Maybe it's good if he doesn't know how since he'd probably just use it to pick up girls anyway.