Well... I got lots of stuff done today, but not much of it was work! I spent a whopping 2 hours at the gym, cardio and weights, the whole shebang. Ran some errands, reluctantly put gas into my car, worked a bit and then... Collapsed. Ohhh, it was wonderful! God I love beech jersey sheets. And then! Jesper went to check on Kiska and started washing her face, and she got up and loved on him! She totally buried her face in his fuzzy little chest and wrapped her arms around one of his arms. I almost died, DIED, I SAY!
My peeps are headed off to Regionals, without me. D called at around 4:30 on his way to the rental car place to tell me that he's having some sort of strange premonition. Unlike me, he tends to withdraw before a competition. He calls it his "conservation mode." I just get increasingly hyper, to my partners' amusement (annoyance?). I asked him if felt like he was getting sick, but he said no, he just had 'a feeling' about this comp, neither good nor bad. I'm sure he will do awesome; he's a performer, if anything. I'm wishing my bestest buddies (D and RH and Alors) the best of luck this weekend, and the best of fun!
And there's been a whole load of insanity at my parents'. Apparently, my mother was convinced that the scratches she found on Ichigo (her orange tabby cat) were inflicted by a rabid animal. She felt fatigued the day after she handled him, and went to the hospital to start a course of rabies shots. For herself. She actually wanted to have Ichigo put down so his brain tissue could be tested for the illness, but my father, ever the soothing voice of reason, convinced her that it was probably a bad idea. Ichigo doesn't have rabies, he's been vaccinated his entire life, and recently had a booster, like last week. She doesn't have rabies either. I told D about it when he called, and he said that mental confusion and agitation are symptoms of rabies. I don't think I'll say that to anyone anytime soon.
Ohhh, and dance is so fun this summer! RH and A and D are always in the studio when I am. +5 Silliness!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment