Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Halcyon is a good word for today.

My God. I woke up this morning in a state of gentle enlightenment, ran a couple miles, lifted a few weights, showered, dressed and worked my ass off. In a state of sheer delight. I finished up a project I've been working on for a month, put out a few fires, began my journey into the minefield that is another upcoming project. I completed a dozen little tasks in 90 minutes that should have taken a day, if I hadn't been so lucky. Hours passed, my contentedness was not diminished. I went to my favorite cafe and ordered my favorite salad to celebrate, cavorted while I was waiting for it to be assembled, and I ate it all. ALL OF IT, in its delicious, strawberry, chicken, walnut and poppyseed glory!

So, while I currently have the post-lunchtime sleepies, I am completely lacking in all things involving headaches, impending deadlines, and gross stuff such as tripe and old guys hawking loogies. Those are a few of the less pleasant things that happened to pop into my brain. It bodes well that I'm having trouble thinking of disgusting things!

1 comment:

DMP said...

I'm glad you got something to make up for the crappy tofu they were pushing at whole foods