- Going to the springy doorstop in my bedroom at 5 AM and boinging it loudly with his paw until I wake up. He knows, uncannily, the exact moment I'm drifting back into dreamland, and that's when he strikes again...
- Nuzzling and snurfling in my ear at 3 AM. Oh, and drooling.
- Painting poo all over the walls of my apartment.
- Digging to China in the litter box, spraying sand across the kitchen and into my coffee.
- Romping, romping, romping. He NEVER STOPS ROMPING. AAAAAGHH!
- Pulling hair out of drains. This is disgusting, and he does it with relish.
- Chewing through expensive cords and cables for various electronic devices. I have no idea how he's still alive today.
- Breaking priceless Japanese stoneware. ::sob::
- Eating the straps of bras and camisoles. He's a connoisseur - he only chooses the expensive ones.
Last night, I fell asleep at around 10 PM and was awakened suddenly awhile later to find Steven sitting on the edge of my bed, in stage makeup and directly from rehearsal at the opera theatre downtown for the preceding 5 hours (!!!). I was so deeply asleep that I didn't even hear him open the door, come in, traipse through the kitchen and across the outrageously creaky hardwoods... This exercise routine I have going on completely wears me out. Maybe I'll take the weekend off so that I'll be able to stay up past 10 PM (and perhaps go out carousing, and/or attend cast parties!).
I'm subdued at the moment. I have been having a hellish day at work, and it's only now getting a little bit better. A cold front came through last night and catalyzed a lovely cluster migraine that is only just now beginning to fade into the background. The thought of being out of town Tuesday-Thursday of next week makes me a little bit meh-ish, but! I will be heading into the lovely Blue Ridge mountains, where the fall colors are in full display. It will be almost like another vacation. I made my hotel reservations this morning!
2 comments:
With relish, eh? I'm a mustard man, myself. :D
you're an odd one. <3 AND DON'T YOU DARE TAKE A PAGE OUT OF JESPER'S [hefty] BOOK [of grave and supremely irritating transgressions]!
Post a Comment