Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For the Love of Kitties

Theme Song: Williams - A.B.C.D

Ahh, kitties! We have a love-hate relationship.

Last night after work, I did not go to Inga's. Driving all the way there and back sounded really expensive. Instead, I was even more hardcore and worked out for another hour (I had already run several miles before work), and I bought some much-needed staples from the grocery store. Then I crashed, at 9 PM, waking up for a short period around 10 to text Steven, who was just getting out of master chorale rehearsal. Oh man, I could be convinced to work out twice every day if I'm rewarded with sleep like that every time.

I'm a really light sleeper, and when a thus-far silent lightning storm began to light up my bedroom, I woke up and blinked sleepily for awhile, listening to the raindrops smack against the window... Suddenly, there was an incredibly bright strobelike flash of lightning and a simultaneous, earth-shaking WHAM of thunder! I bolted upright. Not ten seconds later, there came a frantic scrabbling at my bedroom door (it was shut) and the sound of two panicked kitties crying. I abandoned my lovely down comforter and opened the door, and in they shot - Jesper dove straight under the covers! Scaredy cats. Kiska was insanely lovey-dovey this morning while I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. She has an adorable tendency to leave the "m" part off of "meow." When she's really happy, her meows get increasingly higher-pitched until she's making no sound at all and her little pink kitty-mouth just silently opens and closes.

Tonight: Another workout, shower, and then bronze lesson till 10:30 - it probably won't do me much good, but I miss my people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee, when we were moving MK would take to literally burrowing under the covers and sleeping there most of the day. she never used to do that before! scaredy cat indeed.
-rh

Metricula said...

Icarus (the tiel) was also stupidly cute today. He showered with me and while I shaved under my arms he lifted his wing and "washed" his pits too. <3

He kept saying he was a pretty bird and I was like, "Yes, you are."