Theme Song: Digital - Ready or NotAnother bizarre weekend. Friday night found me in an absolutely volatile mood. I came home and worked out, and then I went grocery shopping, assembled my entire grocery list and was in the line to check out when I discovered that I had left my wallet in another purse. Curses! I returned home fuming, voracious and empty-handed and was absolutely on the warpath after that, and Steven surprised me by coming to my apartment at his own risk - and it was significant risk! He managed to improve my mood from darkly malicious to mildly psychotic, and we tried the grocery shopping thing again, with success... But only because kitties were starving.
I awoke on Saturday morning feeling marvelously buoyant and excited! I cooked waffles and we dillydallied for a couple of hours before I called Blue Flame to warn them that I'd be bringing a draft in. My adrenaline was already up on the drive over - I conferred with the tattoo artist, showed him my draft, and despite its sinuous elegance and very fine lines, he said he'd be able to replicate it exactly. I made my appointment for 3 PM, and Steven and I walked down the street to The Mellow Mushroom and had lunch before returning. He sees people he knows everywhere, and lo, here's one of his old high school classmates, in for a new tattoo to cover up an old tattoo.
And then I got my first and last (I think... I'm told that once you get one, you have to get another...) tattoo, on the right side of my back just off-center of my spine, about 4 inches by 2. It was fun. It's gorgeous and elegant and completely original in its design and meaning (@ bottom - can you see the hidden meaning?). And then... What did we do? I guess we went out for sushi and ice cream and then watched Stardust!
Sunday... Was really lazy. I did laundry and other domestic things, and spent the afternoon/evening at S's place doing random things. And then we went out for Mexican and were serenaded by an 8-man mariachi band in full silver-studded regalia! It was so random. We have the best adventures.
I ran an 8k this morning!
4 comments:
Congrats on your tattoo! Do you have a picture of your draft?
your wish is my command. :P
I like the design! You should post a picture from more of a distance... its hard to get a good idea of how big it is.
Does the meaning have anything to do with 25?
(I deleted the first comment because I forgot to ask it to email me follow ups...)
Post a Comment