Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Attack of the Snacky Thing

It is DAMN cold. Tonight it's going to be 9 F. I ain't going to risk hypothermia by sleeping alone... 0:D

Kung fu last night was a blast because Sifu Ken was teaching, and I happened to be in the mood to enjoy endless repetition. We worked on 1st hand form and crane form after a pretty intense cardio session that I was very happy about. After the initial focus of learning a form or a technique, it's soothing to practice it over and over again until it becomes mindless, which is exactly the point, I think. It was R and I again, we get along well and generally stay on task.

I came home, showered, read for awhile and then crashed - and then I vaguely remember a dark shape looming over me. I think I gasped and recoiled, but the shape said something soothing in a pretty voice and was, of course, Steven. He smelled like martinis. It took me a handful of seconds to remember that he had gone to a birthday celebration in Raleigh and had been planning on staying out too late to return home. I'm an incredibly light sleeper and usually wake up at least once per night between sleep cycles, and I awoke a few hours later to S exclaiming, "Ugh!" and waving his arms around. I was alarmed and asked him if everything was okay; I thought he wasn't feeling well. He didn't say anything coherent, so I asked again. He replied, "Yeah, I'm okay - it was just a snacky thing attacking me. Or something." Or something, huh? I processed that and started snickering uncontrollably, but he was already asleep again.

I figured he liked the cadence of "snacky thing attacking me," he being the sort of person to enjoy words and wordplay.

And, I'd gladly welcome a snacky attack this morning, since I forgot breakfast - especially if it were mini doughnuts or crunchy Chee-tos.

Song of the Day: DJ Marky - Rotation

No comments: