I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into at work. I have officially identified myself as an aspiring leader. Things are changing.
And as for the cast party for The Gondoliers on Saturday evening - what fun! I had an opportunity to meet the stars, the chorus, the tech folk and some of the orchestra folk, not to mention the fact that I got to sample some excellent cheeses and fantastic vegetarian chili. A few people attempted to rope me into working on the show in various ways, and some praised my boyfriend's beautiful voice and obvious talent and asked me when he'd be applying to Juilliard. I'll say that I don't mind being in the spotlight, but when I'm not - it's definitely fun when he is.
Yesterday evening was a planned sushi binge of epic proportions - I needed massive amounts of protein and complex carbohydrates after a core session that lasted for 2 hours and 45 minutes. That is unbelievable. It culminated in a pretty intense 20 minutes of boxing, and I could barely lift my arms today to flip the paper on the board for my presentation. S and I spent about $60 on hardcore sushi - no wussy smoked salmon rolls for us die-hard addicts! S had a split of hot sake that was so much more pleasant than I'd remembered from my travails in Japan; the split managed to contain about 4 shots' worth without looking more than twice as large as the shot-sized ceramic cup it came with. o.O
I'm in a mellow mood after a day of meetings and public speaking followed by a slow distance run of 6 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I was high-powered and "on" for most of today, but the in-control feeling eludes me now. I won't think too deeply about tomorrow. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
Recommended: Superpitcher - La Ritournelle
1 year ago
2 comments:
Glad to know you liked the chili! Janell put some effort into coming up with it.
It was my favorite thing there!
Post a Comment