Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Blame it on the giant alien plant robots!

Dream:

I went about my daily life in this dream; I ran errands, I drove to Barnes & Noble and to S's place, but meanwhile...

Giant alien plant robots the size of skyscrapers had, at some point in the recent past, invaded! They were only nuisances so far, though. With metallic mouthspans as wide as large houses, they'd very slowly scoop up mouthfuls of earth and vegetation, chew behemothly (yay for new adjectives!), swallow and ponderously step forward. A step might take a couple hours.

They were very bovine and docile and allowed themselves to be herded by small aircraft, so we could wrangle them up, sort of. But if they didn't like their new locations or if they felt threatened in any way, they'd become violent. They wanted to be left in peace to wander aimlessly and deforest our land.

So, I'd be going about my business, with perhaps one or two of these huge "creatures" looming on the horizon. I might go into a store and be unable to find golden delicious apples, and after inquiring after them to a clerk, he might reply, "Oh, we had some last week, but this week they're a little hard to come by because of the giant alien plant robots." I'd, of course, nod understandingly in commiseration.

1 comment:

Steven Lumpkin said...

But did they have special magical weak spots....?