I feel like I haven't adequately stressed out about moving in two weeks. In order to feel prepared for a Situation (speech, performance, new job, etc.), a certain amount of high-strung pondering needs to occur first; it's apparently a vital element of the preparations... Or maybe not? I can't say for sure yet, since an awful lot of stressoutage can potentially occur in two weeks. Luckily my pardner is not the stressouting type. It helps.
Who knew that donning a ring would necessarily be a physically uncomfortable process? S and I made a Saturday afternoon trip to Goldworks for a consultation with the artist who created my engagement ring. At size 5, I thought it was perhaps a quarter size too small, but when the representative checked it (the artist wasn't there, since he'd apparently been up all night setting diamonds), she proclaimed it a perfect fit since it spins fairly easily once it's on. She informed me that putting on a ring that's been sized properly would be slightly painful for me, since I don't have much meat on my fingers - I have to force the ring over my knuckle (she recommended spraying a drop or two of Windex onto my finger to assist). Alas.
I had a horrible nightmare on Friday night:
I dreamed that I went to my wedding in Roanoke for a week, and on the drive home, I realized that I hadn't gotten a pet-sitter for the kitties. I figured they'd be suffering, very very thirsty, and might even be passed out. I planned out how I would squeeze water into their mouths with a washcloth, and then I would feed them by mushing up food into hot water. Most of the in-dream time was spent racing down the highway, panicking. I finally arrived home and opened the door to my apartment, and there was a smell - a dead smell. I started to scream, and my brain couldn't handle it and mercifully woke me up.
I bolted upright in bed and called Jesper over; he came immediately and I hugged him. Kiska (she's always on Jesper's heels) sauntered over, chirping, and I petted her, too.
Saturday evening was spent with my mother... All we did was discuss the wedding. Eventually (re: at midnight) we opened a bottle of chardonnay and watched Fellowship of the Ring until we fell into drunken slumbers.
Sunday was a pool party at S's groomswoman R's place! She has a pretty neat setup over there - she rents an all-inclusive basement apartment for $350. It consists of one long room that serves as an office, a bedroom, a kitchen and a dining room, with a small bathroom/laundry room. She somehow fits a humongous, energetic black lab in there. The homeowners have a pool that goes from 4 feet to 9, with a diving board. R and S and I and maybe eight others had a grand time eating red velvet cupcakes, hot dogs, barbecued chicken and hummus while swimming and listening to Ace of Base. Soon after, my parents invited us for a home-cooked summer dinner of roast chicken and corn. Who could resist?
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment