I am a happy!
Happy is also a noun.
Jelly Belly candy corns were my breakfast on Saturday morning. You should be so lucky!
Our invitations arrived and they are beautifantasteriffic.
Steven left for New York City/Boston/New Haven this morning (you can read about his adventures here). I must reside solo for an entire week in this large apartment with one pee-crazy cat and one cat that's merely crazy.
I have two easy options for dinner tonight: Hawaiian pizza (orange glaze instead of tomato sauce, mozzarella, pineapple, ham); or a turkey and brie sandwich with jellied cranberry.
Tonight, I think I'll head to Kinko's to get all of my piano books spiral bound for optimal page turning. I finally found my new book of Chopin Nocturnes in the mailbox last night and already read through the first page of Op. 55 No. 1 - my new love. Every misstep I make, every wrong note, every mangled rhythm... Feels like a kick in the ass of my soul. I have to go read poetry to salve it after a practice session.
After a few days of waffling between purchasing a mechanical keyboard and a quiet, chiclet-style one, I bought the latter - and I don't feel like doing any more typing at work until it arrives. I have a beautiful Lenovo laptop with a nice wide screen which resides on a platform to bring it up to eye level, but my keyboard is the 90s Mustang of keyboards... Clunky and cheap-looking with rounded edges and mushy handling, complete with a generous veneer of Trying to be Cool (it's a Microsoft keyboard, of course). I was ogling this baby until, after I mentioned its crisp action and rewarding response, my coworker forbade me it in the office. He said he'd go crazy with all of the clacking. Party pooper.
Batman and I enjoyed rampant, uncouth conversation over a bowl of noodles today at lunch.
I'm ready for the 8k on Thanksgiving Day! Maybe I can get my pace down?
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment