Dream:
I was visiting the gift shop of a faraway art museum. In the gift shop, there was a little booth where you could design your own painting - but these paintings were full sensory experiences. When you viewed one of these special paintings, you were actually part of a scene. Inspired, I told the artist exactly what scene I wanted for my own personal painting. I demanded a subtle air of melancholy, and an ocean scene with light cloud cover.
In a little while, I received my painting, which was about three feet tall and one foot wide. An image of myself, seated with arms crossed and an awkward expression on my face, dominated the center of it. At the bottom, in graffiti-esque lettering, were the words: "A Tribute to Willie Nelson."
When I looked at the painting, I was transported to a melancholy seaside scene, but I was in the bleachers at a track meet in the rain, bawling my eyes out. A lovely, sad song was playing in the background that caused anybody who viewed the painting to weep uncontrollably.
I can't make this stuff up!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment