Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pancake Success and Latin Shoes

A box of pancake mix gone and I think I've exhausted my craving, even though probably about 1/3 of it was wasted on burnt pancakes and pancakes stuck to un-greased pans. We had 'em again for dinner tonight with our highest success.

I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll be going to work tomorrow at the regularly scheduled time; school's closed for the county and it will be 10 degrees tonight. After a case of cabin fever (2 days? We're wimps!), Caspian and I ventured forth in his car (my tires are shiny from a million times peeling out on purpose...) to the Teet (a.k.a. Harris Teeter), which was swarming with people in desperate need of oven-bake pizzas and hot chocolate. Main highways are wet but ice-free, but all residential roads and most main roads are covered with ice and slush, which will freeze overnight, I'm sure. I'm not going to work till it hits 33 degrees ::stamp!::. I've decided.

Now, I'm writing at my desk in dance pants and pajama top, toes freezing, with a little orange kitty asleep to the left of my laptop and my tenor in the music room singing both the tenor and soprano parts of some duet he's learning. Home sweet home!

I signed for my Latin shoes on Friday! Can't wait to break them in, even if it means epic blisters. Robertas (Latin coach) e-mailed me at work on Friday afternoon and invited me to participate in studio showcases because he thinks I'd "be good at it." I was pretty tickled about that, but it'd mean private lessons every week for $70/hr. I'm going to do it.

No comments: