Hm. It just hit me today. Full knowledge that in a few short months, my Caspian will be left behind when his company moves to Montreal, and then we'll need to move again. Downsize. Argh! Curses, I was just getting used to this life of luxury!
Instead of spending money on private dance lessons and frivolity, buying Latin shoes and stylish clothes and expensive food, I need to face up to the fact that without aggressive saving, we won't get to go on a honeymoon this year. We won't even be able to cough up enough for rent after his job ends if I don't buckle down. Remember that root canal misadventure of a few months past? Well, today I have to get it crowned, for $1200. My insurance covers somewhere around 50%. I still haven't been reimbursed for the $1100 root canal. And all that money, spent on the wedding. Little things really do add up, especially when there are so many little things...!
Tonight at samba (I think I'll continue with group lessons), I will need to tell Robertas that I can't afford to continue the private lessons. I had already booked one for Thursday at 5p - I'll cancel it and go to the chacha group lesson that evening instead.
Not a big deal that I can't be a dark horse competitor this year. I can still have fun dancing and being around other dancers. I need to focus more on piano, too - master class on Sunday at L's, and I'm going for the nocturne! Gah. At the very least, I'll have more time to hone my cooking and coupon-wielding skills.
Speaking of cooking skills, take 2 of the spiced honey mango chicken was successful (if slightly overcooked)! I sat cross-legged at the table alone in the dark (Caspian was at chamber choir rehearsal) with my crane rice bowl filled to the brim with steamed Japanese-style rice with furikake, and one of Caspian's blue-glazed bamboo bowls full of honey chicken goodness. I ate it for lunch today. Leftovers, what a novelty!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment