Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Would You Eat A Goat Testicle for $1000?

Another cooking success last night! More like a procure-food-and-combine it success, not true cooking. I poached some chicken breasts, cut them into pieces, cooked up some garden vegetable rotini, tossed in some peas, and stirred it all together with a can of mushroom soup, 1/3c skim milk and 1/4c mozzerella. Magnifique! A masterpiece.

And, as I wasn't particularly in the mood to go to the gym, in true housewifely fashion, I vacuumed, cleaned, did dishes and watched Bear Grylls eat raw goat testicles. I can't decide if he's my hero or my... whatever the opposite of hero is. The dude is stark raving insane, it's great! His camera crew isn't much better. Admittedly, after looking him up on Wikipedia, all the mystery is gone and I'm no longer as impressed by his antics as once I was. It seems like his entire existence has been a lucky series of insane wanderings. Usually when I see an adventurer or star athlete or championship dancer, I'm thinking to myself, "yeah, this is his/her prime - someday he/she is going to have to settle down and be an accountant or a teacher or a failed rapper or something." I don't think those thoughts when I look at Bear. I suspect he'll go splat on an erupting volcano after falling out of an upside-down F-22 going mach 4 after surviving on grub intestines for a week, at age 98.

In other news, my new dance shoes got recalled! Apparently, something about that line didn't meet their quality expectations. The company told me it would replace the shoes with any other pair of my choosing (from a different line), and I'd have to pay any difference. So I picked another pair and did just that!

I have a book that's been snowed in at a Kentucky post office for the past couple weeks. Blah!

1 comment:

Shinseiko said...

I'm trying to imagine why they'd recall the shoes. Maybe they'll fly apart during an alamana and possibly cause injury?