Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moar Music!

I coyly promised more later... And failed to deliver. How disappointing!

My appetite for new music is insatiable.  I will often take a gamble on an album after hearing only one song from it.  I probably buy about 2-3 albums a month - usually somewhere from the electronic genre, although I have a soft spot for post rock, alternative and metal.  And Frank Sinatra, and jazz, and Latino, and Brazilian, and - anyway.  So, after randomly hearing the track Move for Me by San Francisco house legend Kaskade...  I bought like all of his recent albums all at once.  I rarely listen to house or trance, preferring a more complex beat, but there's something about the surprising, chill-inducing, electronic jazz progressions almost universally present in his stuff that is irresistible.  I get that otherworldly feeling I crave when I hear that particular song.  The lyrics mean nothing to me - but I love the vocals.  Listen to it!

Oh oh oh!  The Charlotte competition!  As soon as I get pictures, I'll post a couple here - and I know that tons were taken.  I drove to Charlotte early on Saturday morning, danced standard, spent Saturday night at Pepper's parents' house and stayed up until midnight chatting with them.  Yuri and I got disqualified for missing half of our heat during standard (the tango part of the waltz/tango finals), and got pretty far in Latin, but didn't place.  Didn't diminish our fun at all!  I had a serious wardrobe malfunction and had to glue my bra to my body using body glue, and then I'd sweat it off and have to reapply it between heats.  I will have to find some other way to reliably strap things down before the next comp, har.  Body glue is expensive.

The dance team ladies decided that my new Latin shoes were too loose, and I ended up wearing my old ones - and I discovered that the suede sole was peeling off of the right one, not 5 minutes before samba!  The dance team captain ran to find some superglue, and we got it fixed just moments before I had to be on the floor.

It was a beautiful weekend for driving, and not nearly so stressful as driving to Baltimore and back.

No comments: