Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

She waves to her fans...

Walking to work has helped preserve my sanity. 15 minutes each way, I don't do anything for this interval but walk, wave to the regulars and my fans, and ponder whatever pops into my brain. Granted, it's sometimes 15 minutes of getting drenched, 15 of scorching, or 15 of freezing - but despite the suffering, being subject to the elements is a novelty in today's sterile, climate-controlled world. It's comforting, even, to be reminded that I'm a human animal, and definitely not a Whatever They Call Me at work. Sometimes I need to feel like I'm in jeopardy from something as simple, wholesome, and remorseless as the weather. But NOT from sharks, I don't care how simple or remorseless they are.

So, despite aching sinuses and gurgley ears, I walked, and I admired the swirls in the clouds and the condensation trails from jets full of interesting people probably headed off to interesting places for interesting reasons that would take up weeks of my allotted daydreaming time to wonder thoroughly about - so I turned my attention instead to the tall city buildings and the two skyscrapers currently under construction, and pondered what dictates when the builders can put up the glass in the windows, because they were both windowed 2/3 of the way up, but still only 2/3 as tall as they will be when finished. Anybody know?

No comments: