Oy. This cold hit me like a ton 'o coughing, aching bricks in the middle of Wed. night. This is the worst one yet, and I've had THREE SINCE NOVEMBER. WTF?! Luckily I tend to get over things very quickly compared to mere mortals. There was just no point going in to work yesterday and pretending to be well, I'd probably infect my whole division. That said, I'm not much better today, but there are things to be done, doorknobs to contaminate, etc. Muhahaha.
D called me up on the way home from Greensboro (where he'd been auditioning a couple of potential dance partners, one Latin, one Standard) at about 10:30 PM stuck in a blizzard Wed. night, from the way it sounded, and then his car exploded and he barely made it home. I went to dance on Wed. evening (cha cha cha, waltz) and barely made it home fast enough to tumble into bed and pass out from exhaustion and illness, so he ended up waking me up when he called. Back-leading an inexperienced (like I have so much experience, right) waltz partner who is no doubt at least 70 lbs. heavier than you are is quite a workout. I helped D take the car in to the shop yesterday, where the Resident Car Dude informed us (by smelling it) that something was up with the differential, which apparently did not "release" when the car shifted out of 4-wheel drive. When I think about how a differential works, I imagine the outside partner in a waltz turn moving faster and slightly behind the inside partner so that a smooth and efficient rotation can be achieved. Ain't I a nerd?
Jesper was the best Valentine's Day present ever (and the most expensive, AND the 1st present I've ever bought for myself). Last night, he joyfully recommenced his nighttime hug-owner-to-death-and-fall-asleep routine. He got stuck on top of the cabinets in D's kitchen and was too sore and hesitant to get down, so he said mow-mow-mow until I came to rescue him. Shoving antibiotics down his throat twice a day is not mine or his idea of a good time, but if he got infected and had to go back, I don't know what I'd do. Probably take out a loan or something.
Argh. Just got a message - speaking of antibiotics, I completely forgot to give him his pill this morning, so D was late. AND Jessy had a fatal fuzz episode (yes, the "clearance" issue, do I need to elaborate?) resulting in a stain on the carpet, and his cat, Fri, had a hairball (both of these stains occurring, of course, in the middle of the living room floor). We've all heard of poo-on-a-stick (a childish expression of disgust), but what about hairball-on-a-poo? What a fantastic morning D is having. :o(
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment