Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Come Into the Office and Meet Charles

What do you get when you combine surprisingly agile text-to-speech (TTS) software capable of generating both male and female voices of various nationalities, and a redhead with a dirty mind?

ANSWER: A series of improbable, juvenile exchanges that had us cracking up helplessly (I was actually rolling around crying on the floor with laughter). It all started out when I heard a pompous, robotic, British voice say from the other room, "Come into the office, [my name], and meet Charles."

There was a rather dramatic scene last night at around 11 PM, and another at 3 AM. We were watching a movie when the wind started to pick up at around 10:30 or so, and after looking at the radar, I decided that I needed to book it home to beat the massive thunderstorm about 5 minutes away. It started sheeting rain as I drove, but stopped right before I got out of the car. I had put one leg out and turned away to grab my purse when this HUGE gust of wind slammed the car door shut on on my shinbone. A primal, gutteral howl burst from my throat as my hair whipped around my face in the wind, and there was a huge clap of thunder.

Then I cracked up uncontrollably.

It was like Morpheus in The Matrix, you know, the scene where every flash of lightning and boom of thunder just happened to coincide with the points of his overdramatic sentences?

Dramatic Scene #2 was not really seen, but it was definitely heard by everybody with a window facing into the courtyard. I was sort of dozing between sleep cycles when a woman sobs out of her window into the storm, "I'M SO SORRY, I'M SO F**KING SORRY! WAAAAHHHH!" More laughter from yours truly. Honestly, I was delighted to witness an adult experiencing the freedom of "WAAAAHHHH"ing unabashedly, unashamedly, and publicly. I know I shouldn't laugh at the misfortunes of others, but it was just so ludicrous and I was in a ludicrous mood.

I laughed a lot yesterday!

No comments: