Meh meh Monday. I've sat here staring morosely at those words for about 3 minutes, which is exactly the correct activity for a meh meh Monday. Let's see, what other 'm' words describe today, in addition to meh and morose?
Malted (milk balls, of course - strawberry)
Moolah (b/c I'm at work and making it, not much though)
Mushy (it's raining)
Musical! (Cake, Huey Lewis, Our Lady Peace, Haydn, Kisaragi, Hikaru)
Mandatory (b/c I'm not dead)
Monty Python (NI NI NI)
Mulligatawny? (running out of ideas)
My workout partner, Nutmeg (previously Determined, before I had come up with a proper pseudonym), is an interesting and wonderful human being. She faces adversity on all sides, and she's very much alone, but she's so strong. I can't talk about her in any detail due to the importance and delicacy of her career. She's old enough to be my mother, but we're such excellent buddies, and so different - but we just get each other. I'm thankful I met her, but... She's leaving.
Everybody is leaving. Why do my closest friends leave me? This isn't an accusation. I think it's just a realization. Dainty went back to Japan, my bestest childhood friend lives 3 hours away, and more recent - but no less special-to-me! - people will be departing for faraway lands not too far from now. Is there a reason why I pick transients? Why do I invest so much of myself into the attachments I have to others? And in things? And in places and songs and smells and feelings and times?
1 year ago
3 comments:
i was about to comment on your itai itte post, but it disappeared. i guess you don't want whatever it was anymore...
here are some (probably) non-candidate monday modifiers:
madrigalian monday: would be if you and your coworkers were singing all day
magniloquent monday: would be if you were using vocabulary similar to "magniloquent." Well, now that I've used it, perhaps it is a magniloquent monday.
MAJUSCULAR MONDAY: IF YOU WROTE EVERYTHING IN LARGE, MONO-HEIGHT LETTERS
mamba monday: this kind of monday is feasible for you, but not for most of us
mammogram monday: i hope not
manbearpig monday: half man, half bear, half pig. he's real, and he's going to get you. i'm super serial.
manicure monday: if only
megalomaniacal monday: mwahahahahaha
midriff monday: a counterpoint to casual friday
monobrow monday: when you forget to pluck over the weekend
mushing monday: some people ride their bike to work. i prefer the dogsled myself
mustachioed monday: a monday spent with geraldo rivera
~ your cuz-in-law
"why do I pick transients?" because life is transient (and all people are eventually transient), and I find it much more pleasant to live in the present than in the future or past.
xoxo,
redhead
Momo, I LOLed, IRL, for like 10 minutes, and learned two new words! Huzzah!
...wouldn't that mean that a manbearpig is 50% more than a normal person?
I decided my itai itte post made my blog a little bit too emo-concentrated, so I deleted it - plus, pain only lasts so long.
Redhead (pseudonym request?): You are right. I try every day to convince myself that postponing joy is pointless. I need to be more like the cicadas in the haiku. But I guess there are degrees of transience... or maybe I'm being too clingy. :)
Post a Comment