Last night, I went to D's and finally took care of the massive pile of laundry that was threatening to grow a nervous system and take over my apartment. The laundromat across the street is just too sketch for me. The only stipulation was that I had to buy him (D, not the laundrymonster) Chinese food, which I happily did, since I owe him money from something disgusting I got at some bar last weekend that he good-naturedly paid for even though I didn't eat it.
Speaking of nervous systems, has anybody else been suffering from a massive, days-long headache of doom?! I can't seem to shake it! As soon as I took my contacts out yesterday (after a full-day's work, alas), it hit my occipital lobe like a ton of bricks and is still with me this morning. I've been wearing the glasses I got in high school, which only correct my vision 50%, so driving is completely out of the question. I slept fitfully until about 2:30 AM, when I woke up to get some Aleve and a bowl of Cheerios. I looked at my computer and saw that D hadn't gone to bed yet and it looked like Lovely hadn't either, S was probably just waking up, and I pondered striking up a few Witching Hour conversations. But, common sense won out since I knew I'd probably talk till morning, so I got back in bed and passed out immediately.
When I woke up at 5:30, I debated calling in late or working from home, but then I realized something that made me think... I actually wanted to go to work. I wanted to go to work to see my people. And thus, to the gym I hied myself, got ready, and walked to work. Good mix on the iPod - some Ben Folds, Zwan, just enough Blink-182 that I didn't get sick of it, and a hint of Garbage and Black Eyed Peas. Delicious!
It's a beautiful day, blush and gold and 8-bit blue. I miss Natty and Pepper. Pepper lots. I miss RH & her husband. I miss ballroom. I miss the empty, blissful summer days when I'd wake up at 5:45 AM because I couldn't contain my joy at being alive. Sleep was a waste of time, irrelevant, irreverent. I would wake up in the darkness, go out onto the porch and lie spread-eagled in my pajamas, listening to the thrushes and the crickets.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment