I'm happy.
It's only Tuesday, yet I'm looking forward to this weekend already - because hopefully it will be more relaxing than any weekend I've had in the past two months, and hopefully completely free of all driving trips of longer than 30 minutes.
ADVENTURES!
I drove 3 hours north to Natty & Pepper's place up in the mountains after work on Friday. I love that drive. We chatted and unwound for far too long before getting dressed up and heading out to the aforementioned "graffiti rave" and had a blast listening to the awesome DJ, painting our own original art upon the walls, and improving upon (detracting from?) other people's works. If only we could have persuaded that DJ to come with us to the bar we followed up with - ambience was neat, clientele... Meh. And the DJ there seemed to have an obsession with Rihanna. Or maybe the owner (present) had an obsession and was micromanaging. A bit of dancing, lots of (rather unsuccessful) avoidance of creepy old men, then bed.
Slept like a rock on Saturday night, and woke up at around 10 AM. I leisurely made my way downstairs, had coffee, and then Pepper breezed through the front door fresh from a motorcycle ride, bearing fruit for our crepes! I think each of us ate about six. Then, despite rainclouds, we drove downtown and walked about 9 blocks to the strawberry festival... What happens when you fabricate delicious strawberry shortcake on a Saturday afternoon in a very small enclosed area after engaging in good advertising? I've never liked stationary crowds, but not because I feel overwhelmed by them, exactly - and there's nothing less attractive than a crowd of middle-aged housewives and their whining progeny pigging out on huge desserts. I guess I'm just disgusted by teeming humanity sometimes, especially Americans. Depends on my mood. So, we procured our shortcake and booked it out of there. I'd hoped to stay and mill around downtown, but there were three special events going down and traffic was a nightmare.
I think we slept most of the late afternoon away, and then woke up around 7 PM to think about getting ready to make our 9:30 reservations at this really neat Asian fusion place downtown. We were naturally late, but all was well, and we pigged out on sushi and admired the vintage French absinthe adverts and really unique posh halogen spray chandeliers. This place had an open kitchen as well as bars upstairs and down, and a DJ that started out sort of mediocre and then got so incredibly awesome that we were inspired to go upstairs and dance after our dinner... But things quickly went downhill re the mix, and we had $11 martinis instead. All I remember about the drive home was laughing my ass off at Pepper's songs.
Sunday was such a nice day, gorgeous blue skies, a breeze, and a general atmosphere of slackerdom. We woke up, got ready, and headed out of town to a little roadside brunch place. Number Two (still no pseudonym...) met us there after his GPS failed and he roared past the place (we heard the downshift), but it was easy to miss. Delicious fritatas! Mine was spinach, portobello, and carmelized onions with ricotta cheese. We returned to Natty & Pepper's place, chatted for awhile while digesting, and then deciding to head out to the riverwalk. We estimated that we probably walked about 3 miles. Good thing too, I ate so much over the weekend. #2 scared the crap out of me when he pretended to push me into the river and caught me. Grr. I guess I deserve it for all of the times I've pulled fakeouts like that to terrify my mother when I was but a wee lass. Then coffee overload (!!!), then we burned some CDs, and then I headed out, the end!
Lovely moves home today! <3
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment