Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tell me what you think.

Theme Song: Steven singing Die alten, bösen Lieder

I write here for an audience. I think I write truthfully, in a sense... If the truth were some sort of polymorphous, multidimensional musical nebula partically contained within a multifaceted but comparatively simple 3D object that is the writing about the truth (hoookay, so that's slightly out of control, but bear with me), I'm only illuminating a couple of the facets. The things I write here are not necessarily important to me, and other things - things I consciously choose to omit, or others I hint vaguely and irritatingly at like an emo teenager - mean much more. I want - no, I am compelled - to get them OUT, and this is not the place for many of them.

Should I keep this journal? Tell me why. You can say as little (just a yes/no) or as much as you want.

5 comments:

Alisa said...

Well, since you asked...
My motivations for reading your journal vary widely. I enjoy reading your funny and cryptic thoughts about your luminescent adventures jogging, dancing, meeting people, and playing with your kitties. And as little contact we have with each other, I feel like reading your blog keeps that little bit of our old friendship alive, Allowishes. If you stopped, I would miss you.
<3, Alisa

Alisa said...

But on the other hand, I would like to know more about what is important to you... the things you choose to leave out. And this blog inhibits that.

Anonymous said...

You're a fantastic writer, and even when you vaguely hint at things, it's a pleasure to read. I think the anonymity you've established is very nicely done, so you shouldn't feel so wary of wandering outside your blogging shell.

~Tink ;)

PS - We still have a sushi date to keep!

Anonymous said...

I don't see why you can't have both- whenever there's something you need to get out that you don't want to write it in the blog, write in the journal. Everything else...is OURS!! (how else will I keep tabs on your daily life?)

xoxo,
rh

Shinseiko said...

Alisa -

Ahhh!!! You make me smile and be all happy! :D

:D :D :D

I will try to censor less. I'd feel much better about this whole blogging thing if I eased up a bit.

Tink -

Thank you! It means a lot to me that you enjoy reading. and YES! sushi required, and SOOOOON!

RH -

Hahaha! Yes. Yes, and I will try to be more truthful here too, less ludicrous when what I really want to be is incredibly corny. <3

You are awesome!