Theme Song: Lomax - One Year On
I'm usually a pretty healthy eater, and I like puffed wheat. I think it's absolutely delicious with Splenda, milk and perhaps a few stray almonds fortuitiously scattered about to be delightfully discovered by the lucky spoon wielder (unless you went at it face-first, dinosaur-style, which does sometimes happen). Occasionally I have a desire (we'll call this Friday's guilty desire) to completely pig out on something until I'm sick of it, and puffed wheat is my drug of choice. Om nom nom nom until I never want to see another nodule of it for the rest of my life. Until tomorrow's breakfast...
Now, put puffed wheat completely out of your mind - I'm here to talk about pineapple upside-down cake, which I ate upon arriving at work. I can't resist it - mmm, warm fluffy cake, juicy pineapple, glistening crystals of brown sugary buttery saturated fatfully wonderful goo... The cherries kind of ruin it, in my humble opinion, so I pick them out. Cherries taste good, sure, but they have a weird sort of surface tension and nonhomogenized glurpy consistency that repels me slightly.
I think it's snack time.
Soooo, I met with the sports nutritionist yesterday evening before quite an interesting Obama-victory-celebratory dinner experience with Steven's family. Based on the amount of exercise I get (approximately A WHOLE LOT), she told me to up my caloric intake by a significant amount, and to only eat protein if I get hungry after 6 PM. She said if I don't fuel my body, I won't get results, and I'll slow my metabolism. We talked in depth about what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it in order to get my body fat way down and metabolism way up. I'd like to be able to do a marathon in a year. We also focused my exercise plan, which will include a little bit less cardio and more weight training. She is going to review my diet over the next week and let me know what needs to be tweaked to achieve the high level of athleticism I'm going for. I'm totally stoked!
Tonight, S and I are planning on going to an international collegiate a cappella competition downtown. I'm pretty excited about this too - but mostly because it'll be he and Lovely and I. And because I know with a considerable amount of smarmy pride that Steven, as a singer, is of an incomparably awesome caliber.
That reminds me... Calibre. I just bought Second Sun, the title cut of which just randomly started playing on Pandora, just as I typed it. Oh hell yes.
1 year ago
4 comments:
SOJAM rocks pretty hard.
Hey Nieta,
Would you share your sports nutrition info with me when you get some feedback? Please? Pretty please? I'll leave off the cherry on top? (per your apparent dislike) ;)
Theresa
I'm amused (and gratified? solidaritified?) how much of your recent posts are about food...
Om nom indeed!
wootles,
rh
Metricula - ahh, this year was not as good as years past, but at least my sister's school's all-female group rocked it and won... although I thought another group should have taken 1st
Theresa - of course!
RH - and it's only going to get worse, what with Thanksgiving and Xmas coming up... :\ :D
Post a Comment