...but apparently not on Tuesdays! Today is definitely an exeption to the "Tuesdays are Indubitably and Irreversibly Horrible and Should Be Scrubbed from All Memory Upon Successful Survival" rule, which may need to be revoked because there have been enough pleasant ones to offset the ones that have been less savory.
I just plugged my birthday into the Zeller Algorithm and discovered to my chagrin that I am NOT supposed to be full of woe, which is so much more interesting than the truth... I was apparently born on a Saturday and will apparently have to "work hard for a living." Must be payback for putting my mom through labor on a weekend.
Mlah! This is one of my favorite disconsolate pointless utterances. It's not as mainstream and overused as "meh" (which can now be found on a nifty hip flask) and is much more passive than my usual "grar." Fortunately, my current disconsolation is not the result of unsavory Tuesday happenings, and can be reversed by the liberal application of nutritious victuals to my appreciative belly. Not to the outside, please, that's messy and doesn't solve the problem at all.
Speaking of victuals, Thanksgiving was delicious. I had all sorts of the usual (turkey, sweet potatoes, gravy, etc.) some of the unusual (Cajun crawfish cornbread stuffing, for example), and heaps of shortbread cookies. I attended Steven's family's meal for lunch, and then we migrated over to my parents' place for dinner.
Steven sang in Carolina Ballet's production of Handel's Messiah on Friday and Saturday evening, and Sunday afternoon. My parents and I attended the Saturday night performance. Other than that, the weekend consisted mostly of chilling, visiting, sleeping, eating, reading (OMG! Roger Zelazny!), and a little bit of working out. I have a case of Piriformis Syndrome from running long distances without properly stretching my hip adductors.
I can't wait till he sings in the NCMC Chamber Choir in two weeks! :D
1 year ago
3 comments:
don't you have a book you need to send me? :D
wuvin,
rh
oooh, I can only imagine how uncomfortable that is for your legs... A couple years ago, I had a 2 week episode of Transverse Myelitis where both legs were all tingly and my feet were numb. I hope you recover quickly!
RH - Hee! I know what reminded you! ;D
Alisa - not fun. it's only in my left hip though, but it is absolutely unrelenting. I have to stop running, at least for a little while, but I've been cheating and ellipticaling. ellipticalling. bah. :P
Post a Comment