I have been working so hard recently that I have been intentionally putting off blogging as a reward for hard work. And now the hard work is behind me! I'm not going to talk about it in detail, but I will say that I just gave one of the more important presentations of my life [thus far] this afternoon, and I was glorious. Magnificent. Splendid, even! My supervisor was in the meeting, and every time I met her gaze, I became increasingly confident and happy. I got to work closely with three fun, hilarious and intelligent people, too.
Friday night, I did what I do most Friday nights - long distance run (outside, this time, since it was warm) followed by a hard crash at around 10 PM. I find myself in my most exhausted state on Friday evenings, which is totally unfair... I'll have to take a nap in order to take part in some hijinks the Kung Fu Crew (KFC) is planning one of these upcoming Fridays. Steven came over after his rehearsal, and then both of us were professional insomniacs. This is common for me, but extremely rare for him. We were up until about 3 AM, and then slept in till noon, as per the usual.
We woke up ravenous and made a trip to Harris Teeter for food, and then S was off to chill and get some stuff done before heading back to my place at 6 PM for his dad's birthday celebration at J. Betski's. Which was incredible. N and A were there, S's parents, and a few friends. I had two glasses of Lorimer and was rendered unfit for normal human interaction. I do, however, recall the excellent calibre of victuals; I had spinach salad with black forest ham and pecan viniagrette, baked cod with delicate layers of cheese and potatoes, a white bean broth with horseradish, carrots and celery, and for dessert, a lindenberry torte with dark chocolate syrup and unsweetened heavy cream. It was all fantastic, and beautifully presented. We retired to Steven's place, where we watched Kung Fu Panda and had an all-around great time!
Sunday... Was core, of course. I was dreading it when I woke up on Sunday morning after a night of tossing and turning, but I had a great time. Conversation was so raunchy that it was ludicrious and impossible to find offensive. I learn my best dirty slang at core. J, D, T, C and I all met afterwards at Buffalo Wild Wings, where we ordered everything but wings. I have a thing for Craisins, and there was a chicken salad that contained them; problem was, when I ran out of Craisins, I wasn't interested in the salad anymore, and only ate about half of it. I felt bizarre after lunch and immediately went to bed after showering, thinking I was coming down with something. But when I woke up an hour later, I realized that I'd barely eaten 5 grams of carbohydrate all day and was probably slightly hypo. I wolfed down a bowl of Kix and the universe was once again a happy place.
Because I didn't need an excuse, I got moderately dressed up in nice jeans and platforms, met up with my opera singer and booked it to my favorite sushi joint, where I, in the company of my parents, ODed on tamago nigiri and spicy tuna rolls. Sunday is usually dinner-with-parents night, and it was blessedly delicious. We baked chocolate chip + pecan and white chocolate + macadamia nut cookies, drank coffee, and generally had a good time for the rest of the evening, and I was able to put today completely out of my mind... And then when I woke up this morning (to the sound of the kitties playing hockey with a scrub brush on the kitchen floor), I realized that I wouldn't have to sleep another night worrying about it.
And now, that, too, is in the past! Dig-a-dig chicken!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment