Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Do Your Arm Holes Hang Low?

Last night, I held the tiniest, wee tabby kitten in my hand, wrapped her snugly in a warm towel, and fed her with a bottle. I can't figure out why mama cats don't lay there and scream while their kittens nurse - kittens chew. Ahh, she was so small! Maybe the size of my fist, and her head was the size of a walnut. My index and middle fingers pressed together were just small enough to trace a path between her ears. It was hard work last night. I cleaned both of the cageless rooms, three cages, brushed several squirmy kittens, fed an ittybitty, and mopped all of the floors in a little under two hours.

I slept like a ground squirrel in midwinter, curled up against Caspian's back.

I called Sew Unique yesterday to sign up for garment-sewing classes and was told that they'd had a cancellation for next Wednesday's class! One step closer to creating custom-tailored dance costumes. I think I will practice my skills this weekend while Caspian is at rehearsal from 10:00a to 5:00p. I found a neat fabric outlet store north of Raleigh that I'm thinking of exploring. I think it would be great fun to make new pillow cases [that actually fit our pillows], and placemats that match our Portuguese porcelain dishes. I think I know enough now to be able to reduce the diameters of the arm holes of some of my work tops; I have several cute cap- and flutter-sleeved shirts with arm holes that hang waaaay too low for size S or XS. In fact, the XS top I'm wearing right now is pinned in under the arms.

No comments: