Wednesday was another rumba lesson, and I don't think I've had so much fun in a long time - although D said I wasn't weighted enough on my standing leg (music too fast!) and my face looked like I was trying not to fail a differential equations exam (hey, I was focused!). Party pooper. I said to him that it would be my favorite, and he said, "just wait till you learn samba and jive." I can barely, barely wait till I'm able to compete. I am going to OWN Triangle Open... Well, at least the newcomer portion of it. I've even identified two potential comp partners, if they stay on the team and have an interest in not just competing, but in WINNING.
Tonight I leave for Charlotte Dancesport Challenge, and I can't wait. I'm as excited as a little girl. Being in the car with two fun redheads for two hours sounds like the perfect end to a Friday workday to me.
I'm especially excited for a fantabulously vain and ephemeral reason - last night I tried on the navy blue jersey J. Crew dress I got for Christmas, and it was just as shapeless as I had originally thought. In a fit of despair, I rushed over to Belk's at 8:40 PM, tried on a parade of dismaying dresses in the current style, and about gave up. If a Japanese maternitywear shop from the 1970's mated with a parachute factory, their child would produce what's at the height of fashion in dresses. Seriously. So, anyways, in my despondency, and with 5 minutes to go till closing, I rushed down to the ladies' formalwear section (I had been shopping in Juniors) and saw it. The dress. The one I've been searching for my entire life. Heavenly lights shone down upon it (conveniently avoiding the price tag, which read $118), choirs of angels sung, and the whole bit. Tiny, slinky, black, and with beads and ruching, it fit me so perfectly that I did a wild bunny-hop polka skip in the dressing room that you would have paid to see. Price didn't matter to me anymore. It is now mine.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment