Tales of a supernova's daughter.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

I'm not in the mood to work today, but I am in a good mood - at least, compared to yesterday. Although yesterday brightened up significantly when I discovered a present from one of the coolest people I know had arrived for me in the mail, a foreign, edible present! And then I had two 45-minute lessons; the private lesson was quickstep and a smidge of Int'l foxtrot, and the group lesson was Int'l waltz. I spent much of the waltz lesson trying to get one of the guys to unlearn American waltz (Dude! There's no box step! Quit doing it! And no, I can't do any airy-fairy open spinny princess twirls because it isn't allowed!). Me, D, Redhead, Curt & Island, and LA went to Cookout after the dance studio closed and chatted for an hour.

Massive thunderstorms with sheeting rain came through at around 2-3 AM. I snuggled into my nest and was quite content for the rest of the night. Today is sunny, cooler, less humid, and just lovely.

Dream:

Me, Alors & partner, Redhead, Curt & Island were piled in my old Volvo station wagon, on our way to a comp (uh, I guess Redhead & I were partners). Alors insisted upon stopping at Wal Mart because he needed some bling for his Latin costume (bahaha!). I discovered a really awesome Brazilian band and bought both of their albums (I was disappointed when I woke up), but we were all in a rush to leave and couldn't find Alors. I wandered around the store, and the Wal Mart kept growing extra wings and corridors and shelves of ever more bizarre items, such as royal scepters, oversized dominoes made of various precious stones, rollerskates for horses, thousands of pillows the size of matchboxes, etc.

And, if any of you are interested in seeing two talented buddies of mine competing together almost on-the-fly, check out this video of D (#148) + Island (in white, now Open Novice National Champion). There are a couple of others on the floor with whom I am also acquainted.

No comments: